[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Riding instructor suggestions
Riding instructor suggestions [message #1549463] Sun, 15 November 2009 19:03 Go to next message
  MissMaddy  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
I'm wondering if anyone can make some suggestions for a dressage instructor. I'm pretty fussy, and the only reason I'm considering changing is because the instructor I've been using prior to spelling my horses is in another area (Peninsula), but if I can not find someone, I will move my horse near her. I'm also moving to Bendigo in a few months also, and it would be great if I could get someone lined up there as well.
My boy is currently in Gembrook, but I will be moving him to somewhere with an arena shortly.
I'm looking for an instructor that will focus a lot on my position and seat and how it influences the horse, and using it to get a horse working, not pulling him into a frame. Unfortunately I have had experience with instructors who claim not to pull horses into a frame, but when it comes to it, that's exactly what they do. I have also seen a lot of brutal, forceful training methods that I'm not at all interested in, and never will be.
Currently, I feel I have a long way to go to be a fully balanced, effective rider, but I need someone reliable to help me get there.
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1549705 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Sun, 15 November 2009 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  chillegend  is currently offline chillegend  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

hi MissMaddy,

what level are you currently working at?
there are not a great deal of instructors in Bendigo, but there is a really good one down in Kyneton which is only about30 to 45 mins away.
i am going to go and use her as one of my coach educators for my EA instructors course.
have you had any luck in finding any agistment yet?

Life Revolves Around Horses and Then Family!!
Gee I Love My Family!!!!!
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1549721 is a reply to message #1549705 ] Sun, 15 November 2009 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
There is Lyn McIntyre is Sebastion, she is quite good. There is not alot around this area unfortunately. If you are willing to travel then you will have alot more options.
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1549733 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Sun, 15 November 2009 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  eventer13  
Level 1 - Advanced
Try balmoral equestrian center or sue Chandler ?

http://i.imgur.com/x2dbW.jpg
'It's one thing to be able to do something, its another to be able to do it well.'
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1549966 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Mon, 16 November 2009 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  louise7  is currently offline louise7  
Level 1 - Advanced
Balmoral Equestrian Centre have some great instructors, including Tina Erici Williams who is an internation coach from Sweeden Smile

Sarah Schroder is another good intructor - she freelances and also teaches out of Oakwood

Pam Hall gets a thumbs up also but not sure if she covers your area Smile

Good luck
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1550060 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Mon, 16 November 2009 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carriage diva  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Have Pm'd you about Heidi Vowles and Robin Lang, both excellent.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb389/DeeJayPonies/My%20Carriage%20Ponies/bratsrunning_zps9a4d3d7a.jpg
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1550525 is a reply to message #1550060 ] Mon, 16 November 2009 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  MissMaddy  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Thanks heaps for all of the suggestions everyone!
On my old tb, I was doing about level 2 in dressage, 3 in jumping as I'm a bit of a woos with jumping!
I never did ARC or PC with my qh mare, and we were working way more on my position, than how she was working, so not really equivalent. I now have a completely green but quiet tb, and wb when she's back in work, so will be needing someone to help me bring them on correctly as well.
At the moment, I don't have a float, so can't travel until I have one (I have a massive list of stuff to pay for now that I can work properly, so the float is pretty far down that).
I haven't found agistment yet, have been studying and finishing uni work to complete my course. I'm now finished!! So apart from working to try to earn money before my new job starts, I'm trying to get heaps of stuff organised for starting my new job.
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1550820 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Mon, 16 November 2009 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Ammo  is currently offline Ammo  
Step away from the computer,

Why Hello there!!

When I saw you were looking for instructors in the BEndigo area I just HAD to mention one name: BEN BUYS! Talk about a coach. (I was heart broken when he moved form Gippsland)

EFA - NCAS Coach, Qualified Vet (I think..?) And he used to coach on the Dutch or European dressage circuit. Teaches classical dressage and would NEVER get you to "pull" your horse into a frame. Seriously, just get one lesson with him and you will see what I mean. (He told me to toughen up and work up my callouses so I wouldnt complain so much hahah)
his email: equestrian_coach@yahoo.com or you can find him on Face Book.

As for Gembrook area... Ive been getting lessons with a girl named Clare Porz and find her incredible. She is in Beaconsfield upper and her lessons are incredibly productive. Very focused on rythm, balance & suppleness in both horse and rider. Im not sure if she travels for lessons though...

Hope Ive been of some help!

Upon further investigation, I am NOT of moose like appearance.
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1551150 is a reply to message #1550820 ] Mon, 16 November 2009 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Ammo wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 19:02

Why Hello there!!

When I saw you were looking for instructors in the BEndigo area I just HAD to mention one name: BEN BUYS! Talk about a coach. (I was heart broken when he moved form Gippsland)

EFA - NCAS Coach, Qualified Vet (I think..?) And he used to coach on the Dutch or European dressage circuit. Teaches classical dressage and would NEVER get you to "pull" your horse into a frame. Seriously, just get one lesson with him and you will see what I mean. (He told me to toughen up and work up my callouses so I wouldnt complain so much hahah)

As for Gembrook area... Ive been getting lessons with a girl named Clare Porz and find her incredible. She is in Beaconsfield upper and her lessons are incredibly productive. Very focused on rythm, balance & suppleness in both horse and rider. Im not sure if she travels for lessons though...

Where is he located now? I haven't heard of him around this area.
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1551252 is a reply to message #1551150 ] Tue, 17 November 2009 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  arabs can jump  
Completely Insane
Finn wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 23:04

Ammo wrote on Mon, 16 November 2009 19:02

Why Hello there!!

Where is he located now? I haven't heard of him around this area.

Ben lives in Strathfieldsaye,,, just out of Bendigo
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1551539 is a reply to message #1551252 ] Tue, 17 November 2009 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers

sounds like a plan, i need to find another instructor.
we have Lynn attend our ARC so i already get lessons with her. she is pretty tied up on weekends so that rules me out with her.
do you by chance have some contact details for Ben?

Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1551550 is a reply to message #1549463 ] Tue, 17 November 2009 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Spunky Bob  is currently offline Spunky Bob  
Completely Insane
Ben isn't taking new students at the moment.

Spunky Bob
Re: Riding instructor suggestions [message #1551559 is a reply to message #1551550 ] Tue, 17 November 2009 10:29 Go to previous message
Stark, Raving Bonkers

looks like i will be travelling down to Kyneton for my dressage lessons then.

Previous Topic:angle load floats
Next Topic:What a big boy lol
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 16:31:40 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01569 seconds

.:: Home ::.